Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Truckload Tuesdays: Mail Happiness and Luck

*Defensive mode: On* Before anything, let me just say that this post does not in any way or form violate my currently imposed "No Buy". All the items below were purchased or ordered online prior to its imposition so I haven't broken any rules with what I'm going to show you today. *Defensive mode: Off*

Now that we have that out of the way, I recently got some mail love that I've been anxiously waiting for: Skin79 BB Creams! My heritage is Asian and as anyone who follows beauty products in Asia will know, BB cream (BB stands for beauty balm) is a must try/have product. It got so popular that they've started opening stores (both physical and online) in North America in an effort to garner a niche in the beauty market. Sephora just recently introduced Dr. Jart BB cream from Korea and Clinique and Boscia have come out with their own take. I wanted to try one of the more popular brands from Korea so when I found out that Skin79 ships to Canada, I HAD to try some!

I got the Oriental Gold BB Cream that came with a free gift: Oriental Gold Shimmering BB Cream! 
I got the EOS lip balm because of Mary. ;)

Out of the box: These were so reflective, it was a pain to photograph!

The BB cream cap comes with a lip and cheek tint while the shimmering kind works with a click brush mechanism similar to the Stila lip glosses, only much bigger.

I'm excited to do a review on these soon, but I want to keep using these for a longer time to see if my skin does improve as the claims suggest. Suffice to say that so far, I've really been enjoying these! I was also lucky enough to win one of the free Milani eyeliner packs that G at Nouveau Cheap gave away last month in partnership with Milani. I was beyond ecstatic; it was the first time I've ever won any giveaway! Hammie even did a little dance when we found out.

Couldn't have come at a better time. Been wanting to try these for the longest time!

If you see anything you're most interested to know more about, do let us know in the comments so we can prioritize them accordingly. Happy Tuesday!

Hammie says: Have you tried BB creams before? Don't forget to wear your poppy till Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Hehe, your "defensive mode" made me laugh! Even if you broke your No Buy, I wouldn't call you out on it. Yeah, guess that makes me a softie.

    Those Oriental Creams really do have reflective packaging - they look like they're glowing! Hehe, or maybe they work such miracles that the glowing is a result of a halo. :P

    Glad that you picked up the eos lip balm! :) Good choice with that flavour!

    And congratulations on winning those Milani products! I'm curious to hear what you think about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more for Mr. J's benefit but I was feeling a tad guilty posting a Truckload Tuesday after an imposed "No Buy". ;)

    I have to say that they do make you glow! They're slowly creeping up on my HG foundation so that's saying a lot. I shouldn't say more lest I give it all away. :P But yeah..such a pain!

    Thanks, Mary! I'll be doing a review soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. You're Asian too?

    2. How long has the no-buy been on? God, it's rough at this time of the year. Good luck, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Yep. Filipino to be exact. How about you, Liz?
    2. It's been on for 3 weeks now but I'm breaking it tomorrow when I hit the Shiseido Warehouse Sale (since I'm not going to IMATS). :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Korean but sadly I know very little about Korean beauty products. I find the Koreans in general to be rather too intense about their products and routine, if that's possible.

    IMATS! Gawd, I can never go to those things. To be honest it doesn't appeal to me very much, but I'd walk away with an empty bank account for sure. Have fun at the Shiseido warehouse sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about them from Korean co-workers who swear by them. I have to agree, tho! I have a friend who's really into the brands as she's of the mindset that Asian brands know Asian skin better. She's the one who introduced me to brands like Tony Moly, Etude House and The Face Shop. I'm guessing it has to do with the eoljjang culture.

    That's why I stayed away! I'm curious to go to the seminars next time though, but the temptation to go crazy with shopping would be sooo bad. Thanks, hope it's not as crazy as last year. :D Btw, interested in anything? If they have it, I can snag you some. (I'm really not helping you with your beauty reductions, am I? :P)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the offer but I'm surprisingly good at saying no to other people. Sadly, I get into trouble quite well on my own!!! You'll see on tomorrow's post. >_<

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...